Covid-19 Information Hub has been specifically set up to provide legal support and guidance for foreign nationals and foreign companies in relation to the impact of Novel Coronavirus (Covid-19) in India. The Information Hub has been divided into three separate sections for ease of reference, focusing on the legal issues arising from lockdown and self-isolation in a range of legal arena such as commercial law, corporate law and immigration with reference to particular.
The three sections are:
Information Relevant to Foreign Nationals in India with regards to lockdown, self-isolation, travel restrictions, quarantine rules etc.
Government advisory and notification relevant to companies, industries and workforce in general.
Information relevant to the general public with regards to lockdown and Covid-19 measures in general.
Enquiries e-mail address: email@example.com
GM Legal fully appreciate that there are many foreign national that are currently in India during the lockdown and Coronavirus restrictions. The following are the list of key advisories and directives as provided by the various departments of the Government of India including the Bureau of Immigration, Ministry of Health etc:
- Standard Operating Procedure for Passenger Movement post Disembarkation
- 05.11.2020 – Guidelines for International Arrivals
- 21.10.2020 – Travel and Visa Restrictions related to COVID 19
- Air India Evacuation Flight Schedule and Details
- 22.08.2020 – Standard Operating Protocol (SOP) for travel on Vande Bharat and Air Transport Bubble flights
- 02.08.2020 – Guidelines for international arrivals
(in supersession of guidelines issued on the subject dated 24th May 2020) (to be operational from 00.01 Hrs, 8th August 2020)
- 21.06.2020 – Status of Repatriation Flights to the United States
- 07.06.2020 – Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)/ Protocol for repatriation of foreign seafarers from Alang port, Gujarat – reg.
- 03.06.2020 – Relaxation in Visa and Travel restrictions to permitting certain categories of Foreign Nationals to come to India
- 01.06.2020 – Office of the Director General of Civil Aviation – Travel & visa restrictions related to COVID’19
- 01.06.2020 – Office Memorandum – MHA – Movement of Indian Nationals to travel abroad
- 24.05.2020 – MHA issues SOPs for movement of Indian Nationals stranded outside the country, as well as, for those persons stranded in India who are desirous to travel abroad for urgent reasons
- 22.05.2020 – MHA relaxes Visa and Travel restrictions imposed in response to COVID -19, permitting certain categories of OCI cardholders stranded abroad, to come back to India
- 05.05.2020 – Grant of some Consular Services to Foreign Nationals, presently stranded in India due to COVID-19, for 30 days from date of lifting of Prohibition on International Air Travel of passengers from India
- 05.05.2020 – All existing Visas granted to Foreigners, except certain categories, to remain suspended till the Prohibition on International Air Travel of passengers from/to India is lifted
- 05.05.2020 – Right of Multiple entry Life-long Visa facility to visit India for OCI Cardholders, to remain in abeyance till Prohibition on International Air Travel of passengers from/to India is lifted
- 04.05.2020– Government of India to facilitate return of Indian Nationals stranded abroad Process to begin from May 7 in a phased manner
- 26.02.2020 – Ministry of Health prohibition on prohibitions on Indian travelling to China, Singapore, Republic of Korea, Islamic Republic of Iran and Italy:
- 02.03.2020 – Ministry of Health prohibition on prohibitions on Indian travelling to Covid-19 affected countries: China, Singapore, Republic of Korea, Islamic Republic of Iran, Italy and Japan.
- 05.03.2020 – Covid-19 Test Certificate Required for people entering from Italy or Republic of Korea.
- 06.03.2020 – Visa Restrictions and suspensions for foreign nationals from China, Singapore, Republic of Korea, Islamic Republic of Iran, Italy and Japan.
- 10.03.2020 – Indian nationals advised against non-essential foreign travel plus regular visas granted to foreigners suspended
- 10.03.2020 – Indian nationals advised against non-essential foreign travel plus regular visas granted to foreigners suspended
- 11.03.2020– Ministry of Health – Consolidated Travel Advisory for Novel Coronavirus Disease (Covid-19) suspension of all existing visa for foreigners and OCI card holders.
- 16.03.2020 – Ministry of Health prohibits travel of passengers from the European Union, European Free Trade Association, Turkey and the United Kingdom (UK).
- 17.03.2020 – Ministry of Health prohibits travel of passengers from Afghanistan, Philippines and Malaysia.
- 18.03.2020 – Bureau of Immigration confirms restrictions on all incoming passenger traffic via all Airports, Seaports, Land Ports, Rail Ports and River Ports.
Foreigners Repatriation: Latest Guidance from Individual Countries
Please note these are guidance issued by Individual countries which are regularly updated. Always do ensure that you check the latest information as given by any individual country.
1.United Kingdom (UK)
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office Guidance on travel to India
- Repatriation of British Citizens from India: The next scheduled flights from India to the UK are:
|Flight number||Airport of Departure||Date||Airport of Arrival|
|AI 0128||London||07 June 2020
|AI 0112||London||11 June 2020
|AI 0112||London||18 June 2020
|A1 062||London||19 June 2020
|AI 0112||London||20 June 2020
|AI 0128||London||21 June 2020
|AI 0130||London||21 June 2020
- COVID’19 Health Alert issued by the Government of Australia
- COVID’19 Essential Information and Key Updates of the Government of Australia
- 29.11.2020 – Government Launches Mission COVID Suraksha to accelerate Indian COVID-19 Vaccine Development
- 19.11.2020 – Technology based Initiatives & Interventions of MSME Ministry to tackle COVID-19 challenge leads to Effective response to Prime Minister’s call of Atmanirbhar Bharat & Make in India
- 09.10.2020 – RBI – Statement of Developmental and regulatory policies to increases liquidity during COVID – 19
- 29.09.2020 –Guidelines for COVID-19 Safety Measures at Workplace issued by Ministry of Labour & Employment
- 31.08.2020 – SEBI – Temporary relaxation in processing of documents pertaining to FPIs due to COVID-19
- 12.07.2020 – Ministry of Finance circular on 3 Months Extension for Re import of Cut and Polished Diamonds
- 07.07.2020 – SEBI – Relaxation from compliance with certain provisions of the SEBI (Issue and Listing of Municipal Debt Securities) Regulations, 2015 (ILDM Regulations) and certain SEBI Circulars due to the CoVID -19 virus pandemic
- 06.07.2020 Reserve Bank of India – Extension of time for filing of audited accounts
- 01.07.2020 – SEBI – Relaxation from compliance to REITs and InvITs due to the CoVID-19 virus pandemic- Amendment
- 30.06.2020 – Notification No.57/2020 issued by the Ministry of Finance , Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs
- 24.06.2020 – Ministry of finance – Extension of various time limits under Direct Tax &Benami laws
- 06.06.2020 – World Bank and Government of India sign $750 million Agreement for Emergency Response Programme for Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises
- 05.06.2020 – Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, Amendment Ordinance, 2020
- 17.04.2020 – Press Note No.3 (2020 Series) – Ministry of Commerce and Industry – Review of Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) Policy for curbing opportunistic takeover/acquisitions of Indian companies due to current COVID-19 pandemic.
- 10.04.2020 – Ministry of Corporate Affairs General Circular on COVID’19 Frequently Asked questions on Corporate Social Responsibility
- 19.03.2020 – Ministry of Corporate Affairs Circular on Preventive measures for the containment of COVID’19
- 30.04.2020 – Ministry of Corporate Affairs General Circular for Extension of the last date of filing of forms under the National Financial Reporting Authority (NFRA)
- 13.04.2020 – Ministry of Corporate Affairs General Circular – Clarification on passing of ordinary and special resolutions by Companies under the Companies Act,2013 and rules made thereunder on account of the threat posed by COVID’19
- 28.03.2020 – Ministry of Corporate Affairs – Office Memorandum for Clarification on contribution to PM CARES Fund as eligible CSR activity under item no.(viii) of Schedule VII of Companies Act, 2013.
- 24.03.2020 – Ministry of Corporate Affairs General Circular on Special Measures under Companies Act,2013 and Limited Liability Partnership Act,2008 in view of COVID’19 outbreak.
- 23.03.2020 – Ministry of Corporate Affairs General Circular for Clarification on spending of CSR funds for COVID-19.
B. GOVERNMENT ADVISORY AND NOTIFICATION RELEVANT TO INDUSTRIES
- 20.03.2020 – Letter to Employers Association from the Ministry of Labour & Employment requesting to extend their coordination by not terminating their employees or reducing their jobs.
- 19.03.2020 – Directions issued by the Ministry of Labour & Employment for preventive measures to be taken to contain the spread of Novel Corona Virus.
- 19.03.2020 – Office Memorandum issued by the Ministry of Labour & Employment for preventive measures to be taken to contain the spread of Novel Corona Virus.
- Region wise details of Covid-19 Control Rooms to deal with complaints/distress calls in Central Sphere.
- 04.05.2020 – Office Memorandum issued by the Ministry of Labour & Employment for preventive measures to be taken to contain the spread of Novel Corona Virus extended until 17.05.2020.
- 02.12.2020 – Health Ministry releases SOP on Preventive Measures in Markets to contain spread of COVID-19
- 30.11.2020 – SOP on preventive measures in markets to contain spread of COVID-19
- 09.10.2020 – Environmental and Social Management Framework for India COVID-19 Emergency Response
and Health Systems Preparedness Project issued by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
- 23.09.2020 – Distribution of foodgrains during COVID-19 crisis by Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution
- 14.09.2020 – Relaxation/Concession provided to Companies/LLPs during Lockdown period to combat COVID – 19 issued by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs.
- 13.09.2020 – Post COVID management protocol issued by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
- Resolution Framework for COVID-19-related Stress issued by the Reserve Bank of India
- Guidelines for management of co-infection of COVID-19 with other seasonal epidemic prone diseases.
- Revised SOP on preventive measures to be followed while conducting examinations to contain spread
- August 2020 – Containment and surveillance manual for supervisors in containment zones
- 04.09.2020 – Advisory on Strategy for COVID-19 Testing in India
- 29.08.2020 – Ministry of Home Affairs – Guidelines on Unlock 4
- 13.08.2020 – All India Council for Technical Education – Revised calendar for academic institutions.
- 05.08.2020 – Diksha Guidelines for digital education
- 22.07.2020 Guidelines issued by the respective State Governments on the conduct of online classes and measures for the continuation of education of Children with Special needs.
- 08.07.2020 Government of lndia Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution, Deptt. of Food & Public Distribution circular on PRADHAN MANTRI GARIB KALYAN ANNA YOJANA
- 30.5.2020 – MHA Letter to Chief Secretaries and Administrators reg extension of lockdown in containment zones upto June 30 2020
- 30.5.2020 – MHA Order – Guidelines on extension of LD in Containment Zones and phased reopening
- 20.05.2020 – MHA amends Lockdown Guidelines to facilitate Domestic Air Travel for Stranded Persons in India
- 19.05.2020 – Standard Operating Protocol (SOP) on Movement of Stranded Workers by Trains
- 19.05.2020– Proactive coordination among States and Railways essential to run more trains for smooth transport of Migrant Workers; District Authorities must give their requirements to Railways
- 11.05.2020 – Ensure smooth movement of medical professionals and para-medical staff, and opening of all private clinics, nursing homes and labs; Essential to tackle both COVID and nonCOVID Emergencies: MHA to States
- 30.04.2020 – Ministry of Home Affair Order on movement of Goods/ Cargo
- 06.05.2020 – Ministry of Family & Health Welfare Directorate General of Health Services EMR Division- Guidance document on appropriate management of suspect/confirmed cases of COVID-l9: Railway Coaches – COVID Care Centre
- 29.04.2020 – Ministry of Home Affairs Consolidated Revised Guidelines on Movement of Persons
- 24.04.2020 – Ministry of Home Affairs Consolidated Revised Guidelines on Shopping Complexes, Commercial and private establishments
- 23.04.2020 – Ministry of Home Affairs Order on Misplaced information about companies having manufacturing facilities
- 20.04.2020 – Press Information Bureau, Government of India – Constitution of 6 Inter- Ministerial Teams to make assessment of situation and augment state efforts to fight and contain spread of COVID’19 effectively.