International Commercial Arbitration
GM Legal has a robust commercial litigation practice with knowledge base in all forms of alternate dispute resolution including Mediation. GM Legal’sethois is to resolvearbitral disputes in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
Arbitration becoming the most sought after form of Alternate Dispute Resolution in the world, including in India. Indian Arbitration has altered significantly as a result of reforms made under The Arbitration and Conciliation (Amendment) Act 2015, and our disputes team is highly experienced in planning and implementing successful strategies for our clients. We advise and represent clients in domestic and international arbitrations.
Muthupandi Ganesan, Barrister-at-Law & Advocate is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators in London as well as a member of the Worshipful Company of Arbitrators in London.
Muthupandi Ganesan is a empaneled member on the Panel of Arbitrators at High Court, Bombay and at the International and Domestic Arbitration Centre in Gujarat, India.
We regularly represent clients in institutional as well as on ad-hoc arbitrations before various domestic and international arbitral tribunals including the Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC), London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA), ICC (Paris) and London Maritime Arbitrators Association (LMAA).
The range of services provided by our Firm include:
- Handling domestic arbitration under the Arbitration and Conciliation Act1996 as amended
- Handling international arbitration under UNCITRAL and ICC Rules
- Providing mediation, negotiation and conciliation services to clients.
- Enforcing and challenging enforcement of Arbitral Awards in India
- Representing clients before High Courts and Supreme Court in arbitration proceedings
- Advising clients on the appropriate venue of arbitration and choice of procedural and substantive law
- Appointment of arbitrator through the High Courts and in international arbitration in the Supreme Court of India
- Representing clients before arbitral tribunals with regard to disputes arising out of agreements containing arbitration clause
- Applying to stay proceedings brought in breach of arbitration clauses
- Drafting arbitration agreements and clauses
- Advising clients and handling arbitration cases related to Commercial Contracts, Construction contracts, Collaboration Disputes, Contractual Disputes, Construction Agreements, Service Agreements, Joint Venture Agreements, Supply Contracts, Marketing Agreements, Sale Agreements, etc.
- Advising clients on alternative dispute resolution laws and procedures
The landmark judgment delivered in [...]
Across the world, countries and governments have adopted social distancing [...]
Time for India to embrace Virtual Courts even after the Coronavirus lockdown?[...]
RBI Circular on Banning cryptocurrencies – “Mobile Association of India v Reserve Bank of India (Writ Petition (Civil) No. 528 of 2018)”
Supreme Court of India on 3rd March 2020 struck down the Reserve Bank of India circular banning cryptocurr [...]