GM Legal has substantial experience and expertise in defending businesses, senior executives, public officials and other individuals on wide range of investigations and prosecutions in India especially in cases with cross-jurisdictional issues.
GM Legal represents individuals and businesses in all aspects of criminal law including at the investigative stage, pre-charge, at trial, criminal original petitions, revisions and criminal appeals in criminal law. Our practitioners cover pan India in the District Courts, the High Courts and in the Supreme Court of India.
GM Legal regularly advises foreign nationals especially from the United Kingdom in relation to issues such as extradition requests, mutual legal assistance treaty assistance between India and other countries; as well on issues such as prison conditions in India and transfer of prisoners and prison law. We are currently assisting and advising British Nationals facing trial in India on criminal matters and similarly Indian nationals in dispute with the UK authorities on a range of criminal law related issues including under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act and anti-bribery and anti-corruption.
Our areas of practice in Criminal Litigation are:
– Corporate Frauds, Insider Trading and Market Manipulation; White Collar Crimes / Economic Offences;
– Company Affairs – Serious Frauds Investigation office; Bank / Financial Institutions Frauds;
– Misappropriation and Siphoning of Funds; Dishonor of Cheques;
– Quashing of FIRs/ Bails/ Trial; Criminal Complaints; Criminal Writs / Revisions / Appeals; Defamation Cases;
– Prevention of Money Laundering Act Cases; Prevention of Corruption Act Cases;
– Violation of Intellectual Property Rights / Cyber Laws; FEMA / COFEPOSA/ SAFEMA;
– Narcotics and Drugs Violation.
Ganesan and Manuraj Legal LLP is organising a one-day se [...]
Society even now is grappling to come to terms with same-sex orientation: Madras High Court to hear same-sex couple’s plea for protection
In a welcoming move, the Madras High Court was pleased to grant police protection for a same [...]